Friday, January 25, 2013

Three Things

I'm starting a new blog series - Three Things. Not one thing not two things but three things. Before each weekend, I will be posting Three Things. These can range from Three Things to do this weekend to Three Things I'm currently loving to Three amazing travel destinations. I guess you'll have to tune in each week to see what I have in store for you. Hey, I may even ask you to guest blog and share your three things!

Since I am SO happy it's the weekend, I thought I would start with Three Things to do this weekend :)

One
Throw a Hot Cocoa Party


This is the perfect indoor activity for when it's cold and rainy. Gather up your friends and set up a hot cocoa bar in the comfort of your home. Buy each of your friends a cute mug that they can use for the party and also take home as a cute favor. I personally love these mugs. Once you have your guestlist and mugs, choose some hot cocoas. I would keep it simple and use different mixes. My favorite is the Bites Red Velvet Hot Cocoa Mix. Once you procure your mixes, you need toppings! Whipped cream, marshmallows, sprinkles, mints, oreo crumbs, the possibilities are endless. Now just set up everything on your kitchen counter or dining table. Find some cute displays for everything. If you have cute teacups and saucers at home use those for the mixes and toppings. Get some great ideas here. Then all you have to do is set up your mugs, your mixes, cute spoons for mixing, and your toppings in that order. Once your guests arrive, boil a pot of milk and place the boiling milk in a pitcher near the mugs. Let your guests create their custom hot cocoas and enjoy then on your comfy couch or around the fire. Play some games or read magazines. Whatever you do you'll be enjoying delicious hot cocoa in great company.

Two 
Check out Dine LA

Who doesn't love Restaurant Week? Local restaurants are featuring special 3 course menus for lunch and dinner for extremely reasonable prices. Check out their extensive list and find some restaurants you've been meaning to try but haven't gotten around to it just quite yet. These are great ideas for girl's night, date night, or hey I just want some amazing food night. Nothing says a good weekend like good food. I'm trying Fig & Olive and Fogo de Chao this weekend. Tweet me the restaurants you plan on trying..

Three
 Update your decor

Changing up your furniture or adding some extra decorative pieces is a great way to revamp your place. For example, add some decorative throw pillows to your bed to style it up a little more or add a small vase of fresh flowers to that lonely side table. If your walls are bare, purchase a great vintage poster or some art. I plan on organizing my vanity this weekend. I want to add some of these cute trays to hold some of the clutter. Less clutter is always better.

Hope you all have an amazing weekend!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment